Welcome one and all to my castle! I hope you have fun here.
The Imp Queens Castle!
March 28, 2024, 06:30:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Don't forget to introduce yourself in the New Members Sub-Forum

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

Roleplay 'Keys of Destiny'

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roleplay 'Keys of Destiny'  (Read 263 times)
TheImpQueen
Impish Mod
Administrator
Lesser Imp

Impish Lady & Shapeshifting Coathanger Breeder.

View Profile WWW
« on: December 29, 2008, 05:01:44 pm »

((I do apologise for my 'death' on this forum. I have returned with the will to rp though!))

The city was so full, it was difficult for Katalina to resist feeding. Subtly different blood scents assailed her senses and for a time she stopped breathing all together, just to get the pounding in her head to stop. There were many buildings she would have liked to have stayed in; grand, sweeping towers of shining metal and glass. But most of those were workplaces; offices and suchlike. Eventually though, she found a hotel-like place. It was short compared to the rest of the city, but still of a fairly substantial height. Katalina checked that the chain of her Key was securely fastened and entered the lobby.

Everything gleamed. The marble floor underneath was beautiful. Her flat soled boots whispered across it almost silently.

'Excuse me,' she said smoothly to the man standing behind the reception desk. His electronic eyes whirred up and down her small, lithe frame.

'You wish to have a room?' he queried. Katalina smiled.

'Yes, I do. The very highest room you have, and the one of the best quality.'

'All of the rooms are of the highest possible quality, ma'am,' the man boasted, 'and we just so happen to have the penthouse free. That room is at the very top of the building. Would it suit you?'

'It would suit me very well indeed. How much?'

'100 per night per guest,' the man said. Katalina winced internally. Although they were immortal, and had ammassed large amounts of money over the decades, she and Krystianov still loathed spending large sums of their wealth. But she smiled, anyway; a practised smile that kept her fangs hidden. She pushed a lock of dark hair over her shoulder and reached under her cloak. As she felt for her purse, her fingers brushed along the bone hilts of Dawn and Dusk, the two iron daggers she wielded. A secretive edge came into her smile. She moved her hand on and found the black velvet pouch that held her money.

'I will pay daily,' she said, 'night by night. Expect the money to be here on this desk every morning. I will leave a note.' the man nodded.

'Any paticular reason?'

'I do not know how long I will be staying.'

The man nodded and handed her a key.

'Enjoy your stay.'

Katalina went over to the lifts and got in. She pushed the button for the top floor and stood waiting. As soon as she was in the room, she went over to the window and opened it. The drop down would have been dizzying to a mortal. She grinned excitedly and swung herself out over the ledge. After a moments consideration, she leapt out from the window, away from the side of the building. Her cloak billowed out around her as she fell. She landed cat-like on the street. Surprisingly, nobody had noticed her freefall. They city folk were too preoccupied with their own lives to bother looking up.

The Vampyre headed out into the city again, looking for a dark alley or some such place. When she found the darkest one she could see, she called softly,

'Krystianov.'

'You have found us a room?' her Makers voice reverbrated from the shadows. The male Vampyre pulled himself back into his regular form and dropped his Key into its bag. Katalina nodded to him.

'Once night falls I will take you there. I have arranged to pay day by day. We have the highest and best room in the hotel.'

Krystianov smiled at her and stroked her face with a gloved hand.

'You have done well, my dear Katalina. Go, feed now. I will drink tonight after you have shown me where we are residing. I feel that our stay here will prove fruitful indeed.'

Katalina suddenly remembered the dragon girl with the Key that she had seen earlier and told Krystianov of this. He smiled evilly.

'Our stay will prove more fruitful than I had first imagined. Do not go after the girl yet, wait a while. See what destiny decides for us.' Katalina nodded and left the alley, going out into the sunlight to find a victim to drink from.
Report Spam   Logged

I luvva luv my MLLABFFE. (AlmostSilent) She is the Holmes to my Watson, the Catty to my Luci, the Pidge to my Batman, the Muller to my Light. -HUGZ FOR YOUS!-

My Life = My Rules. Learn To Live With It.

The voices are only there for ambience, I swear.

Ask me about breeding coathangers for fun and profit.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum